Having healthy hair is essential if you want to look great in all occasions. However, like anything else, keeping your hair healthy needs some work. So if you are wondering how to maintain healthy hair on a regular basis, don’t worry as we have brought all the answers for you. In this article, you will find a number of tips on how to maintain healthy hair without breaking too much of a sweat. Practicing them on a regular basis can give you the silky and shiny locks that you always wanted.
Eat well to keep your hair healthy
While you may focus on external practices to keep your hair all shiny and good, you need to beautify your hair by sticking to a nutritious diet as well. Make sure that your diet includes plenty of iron, protein, zinc, vitamin C, biotin and omega-3 fatty acids. The sources of these nutrients are mentioned below:
- Iron: Beans, leafy greens, fortified cereals, pumpkin seeds, fish, pork, beef and liver
- Protein: Protein helps to keep the hair strong. Sources of protein include seafood, eggs, milk, yogurt, cheese, white-meat poultry, pork tenderloin, lean beef, soy, beans and protein bars. Non-animal protein sources include peanut butter, brown rice, whole wheat bread, nuts, quinoa, lentils, seitan, tofu, tempeh, broccoli, potatoes and beans.
- Zinc: Zinc helps to keep the hair nourished. You can get plenty of zinc from peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, turkey, oysters and lean beef
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps in proper absorption of iron. Good sources include citrus fruits, salad, tomatoes, baked potatoes and green leafy vegetables
- Biotin: Sunflower seeds, soybeans, lentils, walnuts, brewer’s yeast and bulgur wheat
- Omega-3 fatty acids: These fatty acids play a major role in protecting hair from becoming brittle and dry. Common sources include salmon, tuna, mackerel, walnuts and flax seeds.
Avoid eating foods that can prevent hair growth or promote hair loss
Some types of foods can incite hair loss or discourage proper hair growth and so it is better to stay away from them. These include low calorie liquid diets and raw egg whites.
Add supplements to your diet
If you are suffering from hair loss, you can add some supplements to prevent such a situation. These may include inositol, biotin, vitamin C, iron, and saw palmetto. However, you must ask your doctor before including them in your diet.
Stress can cause significant damage to different parts of your whole body, and it is not kind to your hair either. In order to reduce stress, it is important that you get a good night’s sleep and get some regular exercise. Proper exercising promotes blood circulation and helps to keep your mood happy; this in turn keeps your hair healthy.
Drink plenty of water
Water is a natural cleanser, and helps to flush out all the toxins from your body. Regular drinking of water promotes good health, which automatically leaves you with shinier locks.